The Indian Edtech industry is poised to reach $30 billion in the next ten years. The emergence of virtual classrooms in online learning and vital technological advancements has been a major determinant impacting K-12 education, higher education, and the growing popularity of Massive Open Online Courses( MOOC).
Technology has become an inseparable part of our modern education system. Whether it’s starting an online course to enrolling in a prominent university for distance learning, technology is everywhere. It is not only making our lives easier but also creating a way to the future.
Accept it or not, when we search for our desired courses on the internet, we find an array of courses that aren’t involved in the physical classroom infrastructure. Technology has made a decentralized form of education, where there is a chance for growth, improvement, and feedback.
When the entire world was put to a halt, technology came to the rescue. Attendance registers were replaced by the virtual presence and the participant’s list, and assignment submissions were substituted by the emails. Moreover, in-built tools like a whiteboard, increased user access, and daily inputs from the students made the whole education process simple yet unique in its own manner.
Ways and methods how technology is impacting virtual classes in online learning and transforming the education system:
- Streamlining the education process: The concept of virtual classes and online learning have streamlined the education process. In the pre-covid era, students used to watch just tables and images in a textbook and learn from them. However, the concept of virtual classrooms showed us an entirely different side of education with the help of virtual interaction platforms.
Now, the educator teaching science and chemistry depict the process of different chemicals getting transformed and various chemical reactions taking place by displaying a video on the screen. Moreover, they can give online assessments and record the sessions. The recorded sessions can be later viewed by the students in case of any doubts.
On CallXP, this process becomes much easier because of the existence of a multiple-access whiteboard and the possibility of sharing the camera and video at the same time. The platform also has a feature through which the educator can pop up live tests and quizzes during the session.
The following assist in streamlining the education system:
- Online learning assessment Virtual reality and augmented reality
- Remote learning technology
- Cloud-based lesson planning and sharing
- Enhancing the learning experience: Remember how boring our history classes used to be. With some blurred images in the textbook about the ancient civilizations, it was almost a headache for us to learn and grab the knowledge about their culture and skillsets.
However, with the emergence of virtual reality (VR), now they can experience those civilizations which once existed. As it’s a well-accepted fact that visuals stay in our minds, and we learn faster from the images and visuals. Utilizing virtual reality (VR) in virtual classrooms has almost upgraded the education system ten times.